Thanks for stopping in. This is a brief snapshot of my experience in writing, proofreading, and editing. You can get in touch with me by using my Contact Me page or emailing me at email@example.com.
My expertise lies in Christian publishing. I’ve been working in the Christian retailing world for a cumulative seventeen years now – eight years with Family Christian Stores, three years with Diamante Music Group, and six years so far as a freelance writer, proofreader, and editor.
I am currently taking new clients. If you have copywriting, proofreading, or copy editing needs, feel free to contact me.
- Zondervan Publishing, Thomas Nelson, Barbour Publishing, David C Cook, Newleaf Press, Scandinavia Publishing, Jenkins Group, Heart and Life Publishers, Family Christian Stores, and independent authors—Proofread books using Adobe Pro or Microsoft Word. Comply with each publisher’s standards and styles, The Christian Writer’s Manual of Style, and The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Zondervan Publishing, Thomas Nelson, Abingdon Press, Baker Publishing Group, Scandinavia Publishing—Write and edit back cover copy for books, website copy, and copy for catalog in compliance with publisher’s standards and style manuals. Create Excel spreadsheets with copy. Meet deadlines for large batches of work.
- Jenkins Group—Edit and proofread books
- Harvest House Publishers—Edited the book 5-Word Prayers
- Jeff Barnhardt—Edited his book Destined to Be
- Scandinavia Publishing House—Write children’s Bible stories
- Jill Mercer—Edited her book Tapestry
- Mary Ann Brady—Edited her book Simplicity’s Gift
- Michael Thompson—Copy edited and proofread his book Heart of the Warrior for Heart and Life Publishing
- B&H Publishing Group—Copy edited the book Daybook of Hope
- Evans Sales Solutions—Edited books, wrote articles, proofread website
- Jennifer Burge—Edited her book The Devil Wears Clogs
- Shannan Martin—Edited the first four chapters of Shannan’s novel and helped her prepare a book proposal to share with agents and publishers
- Family Christian Stores—Edited the book Encounters with God
- Woman’s World Magazine—Wrote and published short story
- Good Goers—Wrote email blasts advertising mission trips
- Family Christian Stores—Created in-store play CD’s each month: wrote copy for ads, organized the material, worked with music companies, K-LOVE radio, duplication company, and distribution warehouse
“Vanessa has been a God-send – fast, accurate, and on-target.” — Matthew Saganski – Senior Corporate Editor, Zondervan Publishing House
“I’ve been just thrilled to work with Vanessa – great work, and right on time.” — Robin Phillips – Church Engagement Project Manager, Zondervan Publishing House
“Hire Vanessa to do your proof reading and editing. She has a great eye for seeing the errors and has an amazing way of correcting and encouraging. My book is better because of her.” – Roy Clark – Author, The Legend of the Diamond King
“Vanessa was consistent in her attention to detail, timeliness, and on-point messaging. She could be counted on to deliver both what we asked for and what we needed.” – Steve Johnson – Marketing Manager, Family Christian Stores
“Vanessa was contracted to proofread my first title for my new publishing venture. I was thrilled with her quality of work, expertise, flexibility, and timeliness. She will definitely be invited back to work on future projects.” — Kevin Miles – President, Heart & Life Publishers